Honors & Awards
- The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Food, Pharmaceutical and Bioengineering Division (FP&BE) Award in Chemical Engineering.
- University System of Maryland (USM) Regents’ Faculty Award for Research/Scholarship/Creative Activity.
- Elected Vice President At-Large, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, 2011-2014.
- U.S. EPA, Scientific and Technological Achievement Award, Level II, 2010.
- Member, Departmental Advisory Committee, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University, 2009-2012.
- Member, International Scientific Advisory Board, Austrian Center of Industrial Biotechnology (ACIB).
- Member, Advisory Council, Dept. of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Cornell University, 2008-2011.
- Elected Member, Managing Board, Society for Biological Engineers.
- Elected Fellow, American Academy of Microbiology.
- Elected Director, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, FPB
- Division Lecturer, Food, Pharmaceuticals & Bioengineering Division,
AIChE, San Francisco,CA.
- Lindsay Lecturer, Department of Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M
University, College Station, TX.
- Miller Lecturer, Department of Chemical Engineering, Iowa State
University, Ames, IA.
- Outstanding Faculty Research Award, A. James Clark School of Engineering,
- Bronze Medallion, 23rd Army Science Conference, Orlando, FL.
- Best Paper, Biotechnology Section, 23rd Army Science Conference,
- Elected Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Opponent (fakultets), Dr. A. Rozkov, Dept. of Biotechnology, Royal
Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Elected Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering.
- Opponent (fakultets), Dr. Mats Akesson, Dept. of Automatic Control,
Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, Sweden.
- Allan C. Davis Medal, State of Maryland's Outstanding Young Engineer,
Maryland Science Center.
- Outstanding Teacher Award, Celebrating Teachers Program, University
- Visiting Professor, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Dept. of Bioprocess
Engineering, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- Outstanding Faculty Award, University of Maryland College Park,
College Park Association of Parents (CPAP).
- Finalist, Outstanding Advisor Award, University of Maryland College
Park, given by CPAP.
- Schering-Plough Young Investigator Award, Society of Industrial
- Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Sciences Award, Washington
Academy of Sciences.
- Honorary Fellow, Washington Academy of Sciences.
- Dow Outstanding New Faculty Award, American Society for Engineering
- Research Initiation Award, National Science Foundation.
- Research and Creative Work Award, University of Colorado.
- Robert York Fellowship Award, Cornell University.